Strive Startup Training Week 4: Customers And Competitors: Customer Segments, Target Markets And Competitive Analysis (FTCC Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
The STRIVE program is a FREE entrepreneurship training program for Veterans and military affiliated* individuals.
WHO BENEFITS FROM STRIVE: This intensive 10-week workshop is for the Veteran and military affiliated* entrepreneur that wants to start a new business or grow their early stage enterprise.
*WHO CAN APPLY: STRIVE is free, but only available to Veterans, Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, their spouses, and First-Generation children of Veterans. Gold Star parents, spouses and children are also eligible. Partners in business with a Veteran may apply, if a Veteran owns at least 50% of the business.
OUTCOMES: At the conclusion of the STRIVE program, participants will have an actionable plan to either launch their new business or take a significant step forward with an existing business. This plan can also be used for loan applications, and a fundable pitch.
Upon successful completion of the STRIVE program, participants will be able to:
- Identify their target market
- Utilize the 3 basic types of research to validate their business and focus their marketing
- Apply an iterative “Proceed, Pivot, or Punt” approach to all stages of development
- Use the tools necessary to determine the business and economic model that best serves themand their company
- Learn how to rise above the clutter and noise through targeted marketing
- Create proforma financials
- Understand the basics of company financial controls
- Have a comprehensive business plan suitable for funding
- Create a competitive pitch presentation