Leading With Inclusion With Janet Miller Evans (Upward Women)
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are not only business initiatives but ethical imperatives. Trust, self-awareness, sensitivity, and collaboration are required to maximize team results. Participants are the key to creating a climate of inclusion and belonging for all team members, creating space that facilitates the maximum capacity to foster innovation, creativity, and empathy.
Upon completing this workshop, participants in this workshop will:
• Identify the benefits of incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion into their role as a team leader
• Recognize types of bias and explore ways to mitigate them to lead teams more effectively
• Explore types of power, including status and privilege, and understand the ways this impacts both the team and the leader
• Identify and examine ways to create a psychologically safe working environment for teams
• Participants will be able to define diversity and the importance of leading with a diverse mindset.
• Participants will share stories about their experiences with diversity.
• Participants appraise how the cultural, social, and ethical context affects business.
• Participants will examine conscious and unconscious bias.
• Participants will identify the differences in status, power, and privilege and who has and who uses it.
• Participants will evaluate issues, weigh alternatives, and make recommendations
. • Participants will explore strategies to create a psychologically safe working environment